Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: mark
Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Stan,
A Spanish gun that fires both barrels when one trigger is pulled is likely defective, it was not designed that way. Some Spanish guns are very good, but others have a reputation of having soft parts. Sears and sear notches are particularly known for that.
Mike

Mike I know of guns made and advertised to shoot both barrels when the back is pulled 1st or to work normal if pulled front then back. Pretty easy to build that way.

At one time the production side of Verney-Carron was selling Spanish guns like this to the European market.

Damn! Mark, your posts caused me to look at my V-C catalog from 1999, at which time they were not producing any sxs of their own. They had 2 models--the Helux and the J.E.T.--which they state were "made for us in the European Union". The Helux looks very German, nothing out of the ordinary about it. But the J.E.T. certainly looks Spanish. And one version, the Canardouze (12ga magnum waterfowl gun), has the following characteristic, translating from the French: "The second trigger permits the simultaneous firing of both barrels."

Don't know how many times I've looked at that catalog--without catching that detail about the "Canardouze".

That's the gun I'm talking about. I saw it and herd the story while I was training with V-C. In the conference room they have a wall full of guns from there early days through today. Lots of cool stuff there.