A breeding pair of Eagles can disrupt all kinds of road construction. When they were getting ready to put the new Route95 bridge over the Potomac a patient of mine was given the job of evaluating the impact on local wildlife. This site was next to a six or eight lane major highway. He reported to his boss he was amazed by the wildlife in that three acre spot. There was a family of beaver, white tail deer and a large tree which had a large nest in it which most likely was a Eagle nest but could have been an Ospreys nest. It was the dead of winter so not an active nest. His boss directed him to re-evaluate the site in a month or two to “make sure” the nest was not an active one. When he went back in a month the beaver were dead and the tree the nest was it had been cut down. End of wildlife conflict.

Last Eagle I saw on one of my farms was eating a dead Perdue oven stuffer which had died and was thrown out with the manure when they cleaned out the house. There was our national symbol eating a dead chicken like a common buzzard.