PJ,
Like this?

This is a Knouf & Knouf aluminum case, that I bought when I visited France with an R10 Darne that needed to be hauled around. It is NOT high security (I believe it was built on an Indian reservation in Oregon) and the company seems to be long gone. It has a duffle, with a hidden compartment that holds the case, and a large area for other trip essentials.

It is a pain in the A$$ to use. Heavy, big, and all over the place. I have hauled my Uggy, shown, around in it, but haven't used it in a long time. I truly hope to never board an aircraft again, and, especially, hope to never, ever, set foot in Europe again.
My days of needing an aluminum case are likely behind me. I have Wisconsin to the east, the Dakotas to the west, live in Minnesota, and Iowa is just to the south. I'm pretty close to bird heaven, right here.

Perry,
My only reference on the Browning Airways cases is a small pocket catalog from Browning, dated March of 1970. It states the cases were available fitted to the Superposed, bolt rifles, .22 automatic, and the A5, with different prices for each model. Nothing is stated about different sizes of cases within each model, and I've not seen anything but 31" cases for sale for the BSS line of guns, which, were not mentioned in this catalog-they were still two years down the road for Browning in 1970.
The Case is clearly for the BSS guns, and mine fits nice and snug in it, but, you could get a bigger doublegun in it, that is for sure.
The LOP of the BSS is pretty close to my other guns, as shown:

The top gun is a Prandelli and Gasperini 3" 20 gauge, that I don't have a good use for. Next is an Uggy 12, also a 3" gun, but, a little lighter than the Italian 20. Next is the BSS, a gun I have had on my radar a few years, and my old R10 Darne. LOP is a bit troublesome up here, where you might hunt in 80 degree temps early season, and finish in sub zero temps later that year. I guess I prefer a compromise just a little bit shorter than my normal, for when I'm forced into a coat.

The BSS will work out fine.