Originally Posted By: SKB
Yes it is true private sales are often easier and a better deal for all involved. I re-home quite a few guns out of private collections for my clients, both buyers and sellers. Over the years I have developed a good knowledge base of who collects what and where certain guns may currently reside. I recently sold a lovely Westley double rifle built for the Maharajah of Alwahr. No advertising needed, one client was on the hunt and another wanted some liquidity. Collectors who have been in the market for a long period of time are often more reasonable to deal with as well. It is awful hard for a guy who bought in to the market in 2008 to come to terms with the fact that he bought at the peak and the market was badly in need of a correction at that point in time. The older collectors often bought at lower prices on at least some of the collection they own and selling in today's market is more palatable to them. It pays to have high dollar guns inspected before purchase. I would say about half the guns I inspect for clients end up being returned.
Steve

Steve, your new website is still appearing badly formatted to me, on my laptop.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life