September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (rrrgcy, Argo44, irs), 288 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,900
Posts550,592
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

About three months ago Fed Ex broke a stock on a fox c grade, they gave me the same song and dance about and told me they could pay only $125. I was persistant and told them I wanted my complaint escalated sent them some copys of like gun forsale ads from Cabalas and guns america, and after about three months and a hole lot of BS was paid in full. I did have to send them the broken stock but kept the gun. I now use the U.S. postal service ( no bonuses to anyone for unpaid claims.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you ever seen a jumbo jet that said "United States Postal Service" on the side? I think you'll find that the USPS uses contractors to move their packages. In many cases FedEx and probably UPS are used as contractors to move the USPS packages and letters. I'm guessing lots of other contractors like DHL and Airborne Express are used as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It doesn't make any differene how a item is damaged, the fact is that is damaged, and a claim should be payed in full. That is the beef I have with Fed Ex, It's claims dept will work you to death, I have eliminated my problem with Fed Ex by not using them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had a couple damage claims with UPS over the years. They paid within a few weeks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

UPS has the same small print, they don't have to pay more than $500 on guns if they don't want to.

Registered mail is the only way to go, who cares how long it takes or tracking. Do you really need to know where the gun is every hour? Does it matter? The only thing that should matter is it gets there in one piece. If it doesn't, the USPS will pay for it in full.

BTW, anyone can sue UPS or FEDEX for up to $3000 (in NY, may be more or less in other states) for about $10 in a local small claims court. They have offices in all 50 states, you sue the nearest one to you. Since they are a corporation they have to send a lawyer. If they don't show up you win, turn the judgement over to the sheriff for collection.

If they do show up you'll probably lose because you didn't read the fine print that says they're not responsible for more than $500.

What happens once

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian
Yeah, and go try suing them? I dont have a lawyer on retainer and would spend thousands suing a corporation in another state.

You don't necessarily have to sue them yourself, you can file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in your state or threaten to file a complaint to get them to pay.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FEDEX did the same to me 3 year's ago. $500.00 is the limit, I had $900.00 insurance on it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys are starting to worry me. I have a $3.5k rifle due to be shipped early next week.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to know where this fine print is that some spoke about in regards to shipping gun. I ship items via UPS all the time with little or no problem. Maybe if you have a business account with the the situation that you spoke about does not apply. Please let me know where you found this info.

JOhn

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the key here is to continue to try and move the claim up the food chain. Complain loudly and often. Most insurance companies initially deny the claim. It saves a lot of money if the claim goes away. Mention calling the relevant state attornies general for both states and reporting to the Better Business Bureau.

Generally for legal waivers, insurance and such: the contract is based on what a normal consumer would expect he was getting. Fine print does not necessarily remove the companies liability to pay the full insurance value (you may have to take them to court though). Most state law requires that a waiver of this sort be highly noticeable (i.e. different, larger font and not buried in the middle of a paragraph).

Keep trying and eventually they will decide you are serious and pay the claim.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.