JR,

You are certainly welcome to your own opinion, I understand your thinking and I agree that the Zabala engineering on the modern 28 Gauge L.C. Smith is not only different from the original Hunter Arms L.C. Smith guns, the quality is definitely not even comparable.

If Marlin would have contracted Uggie to make a true Side Lock, with the Brown Rotary Bolt, the modern 28 would have been accepted more readily, by the owners of the original L.C. Smith double guns.

Now that Remington owns the rights to Hunter Arms L.C. Smith, it would be great if Remington Contracted Tony G to produce a real 28 Gauge #5 Hunter Arms L.C. Smith Double Gun, with all the correct Hunter Arms Engineering. Including the Krupp Barrels, Brown Rotary Bolt, DT, or SST, Jeweled Side Lock Internal Works and choice of either single or double safety, and screw in chokes only as a special order option. I do believe Remington received the last of the original Hunter Arms French Walnut Wood when they purchased Marlin, so original wood stock should not be a problem, at least for a limited run.

I know at one time Tony wanted to make the L.C. Smith, as he has done with the Fox, he may not even want to now, the cost today could be staggering and prohibitive, and contracting the engraving to be similar to Kraus's would be a serious challenge.

We can only dream that it might happen. Where and when do I send my down payment!

Ryman Gun Dog

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 07/19/18 11:35 PM.