Larry;
It seems you still have a problem understanding what you read. NOWHERE in my posting did I dispute the "Fact" that either the top lever or the A&D action has stood the test of time.

My sole point was that just because one mechanism has stood the test of time, even to the point of near exclusion of all others does not automatically mean the others are all "Worthless Junk" which was the implication to which I made my first reply.

There is absolutely no reason anyone who is fortunate enough to own a nice sidelever, underlever, thumb push or whatever should not Use & Enjoy it & fret not because it isn't a top lever. Certainly not every one believes the A&D action is the end all of gun design.

That's all I have said on this subject. Really my one original post should have been sufficient except for several trying to make me appear as a "Total Dummy" just because I do not accept some exclusive theory.

I have never argued about the "Numbers" of the top lever or A&D action. I still stand firm in my belief that numbers aren't everything. Perhaps instead of saying "Lonely at the Top" I should have just said "Sometimes it's Lonely when you're in the Minority" but then I am more of a mechanical type person than a Fancy Writer. Often times the Minority can be Right.

Last edited by 2-piper; 07/30/18 09:46 AM. Reason: put the apostrophe in it's, got to be grammatically correct here less all I say be considered Junk.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra