Originally Posted By: pmag
Originally Posted By: fallschirmjaeger
I believe Me. Brown bought one of these 2" guns recently. French or Belgian I think?

I own that gun now, a French Mondiale. It is my third 2" gun. Had a Hellis and a Arrieta. I guess I can't live without one.

That is a dandy little gun in terms of condition . . . with which I could not hit squat. Glad to pass it on to my friend Pete, and hope he does well slaying UP grouse and woodcock with it. At 5 1/4#, it will certainly be easy to carry through the cover.

I'm now shooting a 28" Brit 20 gauge which weighs between 2-3 oz more than that 2" gun. Not only can I shoot it much better at skeet (I think the longer barrels, as much as anything, help in that department), but it's a piece of cake for me to work up 3/4 oz target reloads. Unless you really like to tinker, with a 2" gun, you're pretty much stuck with factory ammo. I would have been happy enough to live with that if, after shooting several rounds of skeet, I'd had results good enough to convince me I wanted to use it for grouse and woodcock. Had that been the case, I would have largely confined it to the gun cabinet until the season opened, then turned it loose on the birds. Instead, my little Alex Martin BLNE 20 will see more time both at skeet and in the woods. And it's almost a clone of the first Brit double I ever owned, 25+ years ago--except that Martin was a 16.