June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (KDGJ, 1 invisible), 214 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,622
Posts547,085
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#522188 09/04/18 07:17 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know Fulton made some box lock guns for sears called the ranger.

I found a complete .410 parts kits with the front of the receiver saw cut off and discarded (what a dern shame I know). Anyway the price was very very right so I picked it up.

The barrel looks almost identical to a LC smith barrel.

My question is does the 20ga Fulton and .410 Fulton have the same receiver sizes other than the breach boss sizes?

Thanks

Travis

Sidelock
Sidelock

Travis,

I am sure others will chime in but post this on the LC Smith web site and look at the site for the history of LCs. Lots of illustrations and information about Hunter Arms. There is also a book, The Legend Lives, I think is the title, that provides in depth historical information about LCs.

Good luck,

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not a lot of published info but hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

Many thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Travis the item to check would be the measurement between the center of the bores, the firing pins must hit the center of the primers.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

LC Smiths used different frame sizes for each gauge in FW and the only crossover in the Reg frame series is 16/20g.

I cannot speak definitively for the boxlocks, but my guess would be that they are the same way. But measuring is the only way to know for sure. Firing pin spacing is the first thing to check.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That makes to much sense

Sidelock
Sidelock

"LC Smiths used different frame sizes for each gauge in FW and the only crossover in the Reg frame series is 16/20g."

Brian, be careful in saying they used different frame sizes in the Featherweight frames, I measured a .410 and it was wider at the water table than a 12 ga. FW.
The Regular frame was larger than the FW frame but most parts were interchangeable.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Lot of this depends on what one refers to as "Frame Size". Plans & Specifications book for the Smith show the bar & action body of the FW's as being the same for each gauge. Width, Height & firing pin spacing of the standing breech vary per gauge.

Question is does this constitute a different frame size. In some folks eyes it does, in others it does not. Parkers were pretty much the same, all their vaunted Frame sizes consisted for the most part only differences in the standing breech size.

For barrel interchangeability of course they have to have been built to essentially the same breech size. Even guns of the same gauge were built with different sizes of breech according to barrel weight. I have three different sizes of breech, including firing pin spacing's, in 12 gauge only among my Lefevers, but the rest of the frames are the same within manufacturing tolerances. A 16 gaugre with XX marking has a slightly narrower bar, while a 10 lb 10 gauge has a slightly wider bar. Breech sizes also vary on these as well.

Thiough I don't have any to measure I would highly suspect that the fultons noly vary in the breech size, but that there would be enough difference in this area between a 20 & a .410 to prevent interchange.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: David Williamson
"LC Smiths used different frame sizes for each gauge in FW and the only crossover in the Reg frame series is 16/20g."

Brian, be careful in saying they used different frame sizes in the Featherweight frames, I measured a .410 and it was wider at the water table than a 12 ga. FW.
The Regular frame was larger than the FW frame but most parts were interchangeable.

No correction needed in my statement.

LC used 4 separate frame sizes of featherweight frames. One for each gauge. 12, 16, 20 and 410.
That is as per the dimensional drawings in Brophy’s book.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

I should have phrased that statement a little better, but I think Miller stated it correctly

Last edited by David Williamson; 09/05/18 08:21 AM.

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.