Interesting posts and great pics.

I'm glad you have found the S x S that you can shoot better than all others. It's no doubt a very fine gun, built to last more than a lifetime, like the Perazzi O/Us. I'm a MX8 fan and shooter. I put more rounds through my 31 1/2" MX8 (stepped rib) in a year, at sporting clays, than all my other shotguns put together. But...................I don't have the problem you do with shooting S x S guns in other configurations than the DC12. I can actually shoot S x Ss very well, from time to time. Not because they have a stepped rib like my MX8, none do.

You said
Originally Posted By: dhanks
It felt, moved, and sight picture was identical to an over-under.

That is quite impossible, IMO. It may have felt and moved the same, but if the sight picture was the same it was because you were looking at the clay so hard you didn't notice the difference in the barrel structure.

I understand how hard it is to describe the "sight picture" when we see lead over the barrels of a double, whether superposed or S x S. But, that doesn't mean we are seeing the same thing. We aren't. It's just that we are focused so hard on what is important (the clay, or the bird) that we don't remember what the barrels looked like clearly. We just center them when we establish the lead. JMO, from my experience.

I'd really like to have the opportunity to shoot a 100 bird round with a DC12 to see if it was as wonderful for me as it was for you, but I also have to wonder if the cost would justify the end.

All my best, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/01/18 08:05 PM. Reason: clarification

May God bless America and those who defend her.