Mike, James, what a great looking place for hunting. Mike, if you don't already know how to, learn a bit of compass craft. I won't go in the woods without one. No batteries or satellite positions to worry about. My phone has gps apps that work without service. I also have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR wristwatch that Blue Tooths to my Garmin Alpha tracking system showing dog directions and distances. The watch has many functions including telling the time. It also has a gps tracking system. The Fenix 3 HR with Sapphire crystal can be found at a fraction of the cost of a new Fenix 5. Another gizmo to consider totin' is the Garmin InReach Explorer +. It has basic GPS functions, not nearly as much as what you already have, but also offers satellite texting and emergency satellite locator beacon for safety purposes. Since the Sandhills don't have cell phone accessibility, being able to communicate via texting can provide peace of mind without regard to its emergency locator beacon. I carry one when I go into areas that don't have cell phone coverage. If you have any questions, give me a holler on the phone. Gil