The way I foresee a boycott of donations to the site is this..................... donations dry up to the point that Dave is falling far short of meeting his needs (not that I think this will happen). He looks and sees that those who have boycotted are still using the site as a freebie. He finally becomes disgusted and closes it down. This isn't economic sanctions we're talking about here. There is no basic life sustaining need for anyone to have access to a doublegun forum. It is a privilege we are afforded by Dave, and if we appreciate the effort enough we support him with donations, and deal with the trolls as best we can. If we can't, then quietly move on without fanfare.

"When" it closes down, will those who boycotted the donations in protest of Dave's lack of intervention be happy? Will they feel fulfilled?

I just don't see this as the best means to accomplish the end result desired. In my opinion, it would be a huge loss for this site to go away. It would require great will power to do what is needed to eliminate most of the trolling. That is, do not respond, ever, for any reason, to a troll. Ignoring them will eventually cause them to disappear as it takes away the one thing they desire................attention. Personally, I can live with it the way it is. I'd like for it to be different, but I'd like to be 21 again, too. Somethings just ain't happening.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 11/04/18 08:13 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.