June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (eeb, Chuckster, Jeremy Pearce), 418 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,581
Posts546,692
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
the doublegun investment market is in flux...fortunately, the rate of change is slow enough that classic risk vs return ratio probability analysis techniques can be employed to create scenarios for return on investment models....

This seems like a retailer's point of view. If so, I'd think all that means is the wholesale market for double guns is in a state of flux, whatever that means. Maybe, dealers are comfortable that their investment in inventory won't be tied up for what they deem is too long?

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish I'd put $$ into Rolex watches. In 1975 I bought a 1969 GMT Master ("Pepsi Cola" bezel colors) used at a local jewelry store for $250. Current retail on the same used watch runs $9-10K and higher. My stepson now wears the watch. I wish I had a shoe box full of the same watch. With everything else I have adopted the investment practice of "buying high, selling low". Oh, and the watch uses obsolete jeweled movements rather than electronic. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe: every gun can be an investment or not...if they are investments, then the trick is knowin when to hold erm and when to fold erm...and when to cash out...and move to a different game...

How can you possibly say that Ed? What if I made some great buys on semi-autos, and you got your way by supporting anti-gun Democrats, and they did what you wanted and DISARMED us?

too many people in this country possess too many semi automatic firearms...including the police.

elementary statistical theory and the law of probability indicates that the only meaningful solution to the growing number of misuses of that class of firearms is to reduce the number of semi automatic firearms now in wide distribution nationwide.

reducing the amount of anything will reduce its misuse.
Post # 400299

as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

Guns wouldn't ever be a very good investment if you had your way Ed. If we were lucky, we might get $50.00 or so for them in one of those government buy-backs like they did in Australia. Or maybe they'd just confiscate them, and they become scrap metal.

I hope everyone remembers to get out and vote for pro-gun candidates tomorrow. There really is a difference between the two parties, and the only way to make Democrats stop trying to take away the gun rights of law abiding citizens is to withhold your support for them until they change their ways.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a real example of stock investment. If you put 10k in Boeing stock ten years ago and reinvested dividends you would have earned 24% yearly return and have $76,762. If you did it just two years ago you would have earned a 86% yearly return and have $23,842. Or started in 11/1993 your nest egg would be $279,765 with a 14.62% return.

Stocks can be an investment, guns are toys in comparison. You cant do that with any gun. People should be happy if their toys hold value so when later sold you get your money back. Invest to retire, buy gunsvto have fun with when you retire.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keet: you came up with a classic market manipulation scheme...create the conditions where the supply of a commodity is reduced...if demand for the limited remaining supply remains constant, then prices should go up...

wonder how that is working in australia re doublegun values?

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 12:01 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guns as investments would take the fun out of it for me.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

king: happiness is having fun making money...win, win...

sadly, did not make it to your fair ns this summer...maybe next year...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 12:11 PM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ky: but investing in stocks is no fun and can be very risky...i would rather be a pimp or hobby gun dealer, both of which can be fun and financially rewarding...with minimal risks...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 12:24 PM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gls: the demand for rare, classic anything rises in proportion to the supply of disposable financial resources in the hands of the ego driven...

classic rolexes should be on the rise...now could be a good time to invest in them...two years ago would have been even better...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 12:29 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"the demand for rare, classic anything rises in proportion to the supply of disposable financial resources in the hands of the ego-driven..."

You left out "Demand". Supply & Demand are what sets prices. There are many items in very short supply for which there is also no demand. These items can sometimes be had for the asking.

Even a person with an unlimited financial resource is not going to buy something they either don't want themselves or see no market for making a profit on it.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.