September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Der Ami, azgreg, CJ Dawe, LGF, Argo44, 1 invisible), 268 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,884
Posts550,433
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Liquidity is the issue.
You can't eat bricks and mortar.

Gunshops are filled with consingment shotguns. People only want the higher grades, the rare examples.

I think someone here previously pointed out there are gun users, and gun collectors, with some market overlap.

Good luck getting rich trading in used 870's or torch-lit clapped out doubles.

Where there is no margin, I have no mission.

Out there doing it best I can.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2: rare and classic implies limited supply...ego driven implies irrational demand...combine the two with uncommitted financial resources, and a customer emerges...

agreed, this is not always true...for example, now is not a good time to invest in rare and classic blacksmith anvils... not a lot of ego driven demand for anvils forecast for the near future...maybe in a hundred years or so, the chic will be buying them for glass topped coffee table bases, an such; but not yet...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 12:59 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller is absolutely right about the Demand side of the law of Supply and Demand.

I have a 12 gauge Gladiator shotgun built by the same Hunter Arms Co. that made the L.C. Smith. These were being built for Sears Roebuck and Co., but the contract was cancelled after around 134 of them were built. There probably aren't very many left, so my Gladiator is rare, and in very short supply. But there is no big demand for them, and my rather rare gun is probably worth no more than $400-500.00 on a good day.

That said, I paid $100.00 for it, so even if I only double my money, it won't be a bad investment... one that I can also shoot unless Ed and King's Democrats succeed in outlawing our guns and ammunition.

That's a good reason to vote for pro-gun Republicans tomorrow.
Now finding a pro-gun Democrat these days is even harder than finding a Gladiator shotgun.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: ed good
jOe: every gun can be an investment or not...if they are investments, then the trick is knowin when to hold erm and when to fold erm...and when to cash out...and move to a different game...

How can you possibly say that Ed? What if I made some great buys on semi-autos, and you got your way by supporting anti-gun Democrats, and they did what you wanted and DISARMED us?

too many people in this country possess too many semi automatic firearms...including the police.

elementary statistical theory and the law of probability indicates that the only meaningful solution to the growing number of misuses of that class of firearms is to reduce the number of semi automatic firearms now in wide distribution nationwide.

reducing the amount of anything will reduce its misuse.
Post # 400299

as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

Guns wouldn't ever be a very good investment if you had your way Ed. If we were lucky, we might get $50.00 or so for them in one of those government buy-backs like they did in Australia. Or maybe they'd just confiscate them, and they become scrap metal.

I hope everyone remembers to get out and vote for pro-gun candidates tomorrow. There really is a difference between the two parties, and the only way to make Democrats stop trying to take away the gun rights of law abiding citizens is to withhold your support for them until they change their ways.

+1

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keet: guess what... you and i are in agreement, re you post above...

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pamt: please be aware that much of what keet posts here about yours truly is false...

for example, i do not support anti gun anybody...

and if any disarming is to be done, it should be voluntary...

and agreed, semi auto shotguns are not a good investment...

and brace yourself...the keet venom pump will engage shortly...

thus trashing this thread like so many others...ho hum, such is the nature of thing here...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 04:23 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I meant to tell you, Ed, (not mention,, but TELL)
that You seem to have no concept of risk within your ramblings about investment in shotguns.

So I have no idea why this thread was ever started.
Whether Keith feels compelled to bash on you or not.
There does seem to be a wisp of masochism in your more peculiar threads.

Simplify your life.
Take 100K$, buy whatever shotguns you care to fiddle with, and come back in a year. Report the time spent, the dollars in and out, and whatever you have left.

You'll learn all you need to know, and so will we.

Somehow I doubt you'll end up ahead.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
I meant to tell you, Ed, (not mention,, but TELL)
that You seem to have no concept of risk within your ramblings about investment in shotguns.

So I have no idea why this thread was ever started.
Whether Keith feels compelled to bash on you or not.
There does seem to be a wisp of masochism in your more peculiar threads.

Simplify your life.
Take 100K$, buy whatever shotguns you care to fiddle with, and come back in a year. Report the time spent, the dollars in and out, and whatever you have left.

You'll learn all you need to know, and so will we.

Somehow I doubt you'll end up ahead.

Best part of that suggestion is that he'll be gone for a year! laugh
Perhaps a two year study is in order laugh laugh

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gee guys, all i was looking for here was data model input...

so i could run it thru some proprietary linear simulation algorithms and create a few scenarios for maximum return vs risk analysis...i was certainly willing to share privately, the results of these modeling exercises with those who provided the data...

but since no one here seems to grasp the potential impact that these models could have on their bottom line portfolios, i will let this thread drift down into oblivion, before it is trashed by the usual cast of malcontents...

Sidelock
Sidelock

but since no one here seems to grasp the potential impact that these models could have on their bottom line portfolios, i will let this thread drift down into oblivion, before it is trashed by the usual cast of malcontents...

How 'bout them Wings?

(too late, ed)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.