Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

I am in the Mississippi flyway. People are so accustomed to a 60 day season, and 6 birds, God help the USFWS when we get a bad spring and dry summer and have to go back to 30 days and 4 ducks.

So did we have a bad spring and a dry summer that is responsible for this proposed lower limit?

I checked the National Weather Service for data on precipitation for Pennsylvania and Ohio last week, because I can't recall wetter year. Spraying any herbicides or pesticides was a waste of time and money because we rarely got three consecutive dry days, even in the normally dry late summer period. Everyone is complaining how hard it was to do any roofing or painting outdoors. Several years ago, when we had drought conditions, it was blamed on Man-made Global Warming, and we were warned that this was our future. So are they telling us that Donald Trump fixed that problem? According to NWS data, my area is 200% to 300% above normal rainfall for the last 180 days. The map showed above normal precipitation for much of the country east of the Mississippi. So it wasn't my imagination.

I always see numerous flocks of ducks and geese on local lakes and rivers, including several flocks of mallards a few days ago. Geese are at pest levels, and I wish someone would exterminate them and give them to people who won't work in place of Food Stamps. I can't tell the difference between a migrating and non-migrating duck or goose until I see them still hanging around in mid-winter looking for open spots on icy lakes and ponds. But I wish I enjoyed eating them because there is no doubt in my mind that the populations are healthy in my area. My freezer would be full if we had near as many pheasants and ruffed grouse.

So what are the reasons behind this? Where is BrentD when we need someone to make up answers and denigrate us for asking valid questions?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.