While plundering around on the 'net reading this morning early I stumbled across the website for Aegis Academy. Cliff White had posted a brief history of the shotgun there, but what caught my eye was this photograph of two shotgun muzzles. I have never seen this, nor heard of it. I also copied and pasted a paragraph from his history relating to the "devices".

Knowing that a lot of us here are of the Vietnam War era, and are vets, I wonder if any of you knew of these, or ever had the opportunity to deploy one and test it's actual effectiveness.

From White's history -----

"During the Korean War the shotgun became the guard weapon of choice because of its great effectiveness at close range. The US Navy SEAL Teams used a modified ‘duck-bill’ shotgun for walking as a lookout in the thick jungles of Vietnam. The muzzle of the barrel had a side-cut type of choke system that would produce a horizontal pattern with devastating effects. The weapon of choice was a pump-action Ithaca 10 gauge with 00 buckshot, while the Remington 870 12 gauge was used with great effectiveness as well."

I apologize for the poor quality of this pic, but I had to take a pic of the computer screen with my cell phone.

Thanks, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.