What decline?

When my dad took me waterfowl (mostly) and upland hunting in the sixties, I never saw anyone use a SxS.

When I hunted through the 70s, 80s and 90s across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and in north South Dakota, I never saw a SxS being used.

It was only when I discovered SxS myself that I saw one used in the field. And it has been the internet putting me in contact with like minded hunters that has exposed me to others who like to hunt with SxS.

To most hunters I ever meet SxS were the guns that our grandfathers used. For waterfowl on the Canadian prairies, pumps reigned supreme for decades, only recently supplanted by semi-autos.

So from my perspective, I dont know how it could possibly decline any more than it already did, from the 1920s through the 1950s.

I just like being able to buy incredibly well crafted guns for a fraction of what they would cost new today. Even after I get people like Chris Dawe and CJO to address the toll many years of neglect have taken.
Not that I do a lot of it, but its the same experience at trap and skeet clubs. Im the ONLY person with a SxS. Every time. Unless its a pre-arranged gathering of SxS enthusiasts.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/24/19 08:30 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia