Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: Joe in Charlotte
The late Bill Curry and I had our 32 ga Poli shotguns proofed for 70mm-2 3/4" 32 gauge. I have my proof house certificate.
I don't know how many 2 3/4" 32 gauges there are in the US, other than these 2 guns.

I have heard that there is ammo in 2 3/4" 32ga in Italy. I thought it would be fun to have brass hulls made up. 32 is about 50 cal.

Imagine a 2 3/4" 32 ga brass hull with a big wad of lead on top of a full case of 4F. It might act like an old British black powder express cartridge. I may yet get around to this.

All Best,

Joe

PS The 24 ga Bayard barrels went on a 28 ga gun. Kirk Merrington did the grafting. The 32 ga found a different home.

J

Joe, if you are considering brass cases I wouldn't hesitate in getting them while you can. Rocky Mountain Cartridge has been for sale for about a year and they offer brass 32 ga. cases in 2.5" and they have the reloading kit as well. They also make custom cases and probably would be willing and able to make 2.75". Gil

You are correct on Rocky Mountain Cartridge making both 32 and 24. They made 30 24ga brass hulls for me. They will make in 2.5, 2.75, and 3in. Or so they would when I last emailed with them.

When RMC first announced they were selling the shop I dug deep and get an additional 50 16ga brass hull to supplement what I already had. Basically I wanted to ensure a lifetime supply for my 16s. Also picked 30ea 12 & 20 in case I start loading for those guns again.

On chamber length in the USA, I have seen only one 2 3/4 24ga, the rest including mine were 2.5. On shells I only recall seeing 2.5 factory 24ga in the US. On the French Website Nuturabuy I have see both 70mm and 75mm (2.75 & 3 in) 24ga guns for sale.

Last edited by old colonel; 01/29/19 08:07 PM. Reason: Added sentences

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS