buzz, my bad on the usage of the word "attenuate". I thought it meant to "spread out" or "lengthen the duration of". That's what all devices that reduce felt recoil do ...........stretch out out from a sharp peak to a longer "push". Thanks for correcting me. Now I know how to use the word properly.

The A5 may have been made in a M & P version, but was never adopted and issued by our military for dirty work. Gil is right about the anti-aitcraft application. Not much problem with mud, dust and dirt messing with it there.

I'm not bad mouthing the A5 design at all. I shot a M11 20 ga. on doves and quail for years, and learned how to keep it functioning perfectly. But, it just won't take the abuse that a 390 will, and keep on feeding perfectly. I don't intentionally abuse any gun, even an "automatic", but "stuff" happens. When you trip and fall in chest waders and your gun goes down in the murk, and you're hours away from your cleaning kit, you get to appreciate the bullet-proof design of the Beretta, who just happens to own Benelli and make all the Benelli barrels. I've seen a lot of SBEs that fail to feed and lock up. May be just operator error, in maintaining them, but too many people have fallen for the advertising hype on them and think, if they pay almost enough to buy three 390s, they must be perfection. They ain't.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.