I always carry a pocket knife and would feel naked without one. For a while, I managed to lose my pocket knife about once every year or two, and had to buy another. But then I bought a small Swiss Victorinox that I managed to hang onto for roughly 10-11 years. It was a sweet little knife that held a razor edge for a long time between sharpening. Then, in spring of 2016, I went to a Donald Trump rally before he was nominated. We parked at a local ball stadium, and were then bussed to an airport about 10 miles away where Trump's jet would land for the speech.

When we got there, we had to go through security, and anyone who had pocket knives, lighters, etc, had to remove them from their pockets prior to entering. I couldn't take my Victorinox knife back to my truck because it was miles away, but I hated to give up my knife. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided that I really wanted to see and hear Trump, and that I could just buy a new knife. I reluctantly left it on a security table in a pile of contraband near the metal detector and went through. I was sure I would never see it again.

After the rally, thousands of people left the hangar before me, and filed past that security station. When I got to the exit, I noticed my Victorinox knife was sitting on the table right where I left it. I picked it up and put it back in my pocket where it remains today. Thousands of pro-Trump Republicans leaving the hangar could have taken my knife or any other knife that was there, but nobody touched it. I don't believe the same thing would have happened with a crowd of Liberal Democrats.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.