May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (old colonel, Ted Schefelbein, Birdog, steve f, R. Glenz, canvasback), 286 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,370
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not "blind" as in can't see...
This is totally amazing how a great state has been degraded into this in just a generation...

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

The people in charge in CA are sick!

NRA Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in Norcal (Monterey) this past week visiting my son and his wife. I’ll be honest......I was completely surprised and proud to see the U.S. Flag being flown so prominently out there, at many different locations. It was refreshing. I do feel bad for the gun/hunting/sporting community out there, they’re completely outnumbered by the lunatics and hippies. Such a beautiful area, and the “regular” folks seem to be pretty damn good people. I was sitting at a bar having a couple cocktails and the fella sitting next to me was a “artisan” pot grower. That was an interesting conversation. Very enlightening. He told me he voted against recreational pot, said Cali was already full up on burnouts of all ages. I had no idea that the cities and not the counties controlled so much of the trade. There are still some towns, cities and counties that are hanging on to some sanity.
I feel for ya’ll out there, I really do. It’s a shame such a cool & beautiful place is overrun with lunatics.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Same thing in Minnesota, Dustin. Two or three blue spots on the map, in a sea of red. But, those blue spots are the population centers, and the damn state ends up with the craziest liberals in charge. There is a huge brawl developing in St. Paul, as I speak, about some rather draconian gun control laws the liberals are hell bent on putting into place. We dodged a bullet, so to speak, when republicans held onto the senate. Pretty sure nothing will pass, but, it gives a glimpse into the sick minds on the other side.
I’ve got to make it 6-10 more years. Souix Falls is looking pretty good from where I stand, today. I am nearly positive I won’t be able to retire, here.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I was completely surprised and proud to see the U.S. Flag being flown so prominently out there, at many different locations. It was refreshing.

That is somewhat unusual in most of coastal CA. But, places like Monterey and San Diego are exceptions because there are so many active and retired military in those places. Monterey is not too far from Vandenberg, and San Diego, aside from the huge Navy presence, is home to Pendleton. There are huge military installations all over the state in odd places like NAS El Centro (Blue Angels winter training field), or China Lake. There is even a Naval Surface Warfare Center on a small lake in Norco, which is horse country. My niece got married in their ballroom. The state is not hopeless yet, but it is hopeless adjacent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Be glad you don't live in Illinois. We have Democrat controlled House and Senate plus Democrat Governor and all other Constitutional offices. The new gun control bills are coming so fast and furious it's hard to keep up.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not quite-_ San Diego hosts the MCRD "Boot Camp" and across the Bay, the USN has their "Boot Camp"-- Camp Pendleton is a few clicks North from San Diego. When I went through "Boot" in the early 1960's-- 19 weeks of Training- we were "TURDS" to the DI's-- military term for "Trainees Undergoing Recruit Discipline"

We were Transported by bus from MCRD up to Pendleton for 3 weeks of rifle training- Camp Matthews Range facility-- then back to San Diego for the rest of the 19 weeks- after Graduation, and base liberty for the rest of the week-end, Monday we were shipped back up to Pendleton for 8 more weeks of ITR training- then assigned to our MOS training stations--

Boy did it piss off the DI's- when we were drilling especially at night, all the jets coming and going over the bay to and from Lindbergh Field-- the roar of the engines drowned out their voices- big time-- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/09/19 06:41 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Camp Pendleton is a few clicks North from San Diego.

True, but Pendleton North and Pendleton South are both surrounded by San Diego County. To those of us not in San Diego, everything south of San Clemente is San Diego.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am a California native, life member and former director of CWA, former member of the California Side by Side Assn, Cal Trout member, etc. I am done. By the end of May I plan on being an Arizona resident.

Gavin Newsom is a horse's ass - a privileged, upper class politician who will do whatever it takes to get into office and stay there. California is screwed.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gruesome Newsom is also an alcoholic adulterer who grossly violated the guy code by boinking the brains out of his campaign manager's wife while the campaign manager was out trying to get Newsom elected mayor of San Francisco. His excuse after the fact was that they didn't know what they were doing because they were both so drunk. Presidential aspirations, my ass. First he was screwing her, now he's trying to screw the rest of us.

Quote:
Rippey-Tourk incident
Newsom had an affair with his secretary Ruby Rippey Tourk—the wife of his campaign manager and good friend.[57]

On January 31, 2007, Newsom's campaign manager and former deputy chief of staff, Alex Tourk, resigned after confronting Newsom over a sexual affair the mayor had with his wife in late 2005.[58] At the time of the affair, Newsom was undergoing a divorce with Guilfoyle and Rippey-Tourk worked in Newsom's office as the Mayor's aide for commission appointments.[59] After leaving her job in Newsom's office in August 2006, Tourk received $10,154 in catastrophic illness pay, which is usually reserved for those who are terminally ill;[60] after an investigation by the San Francisco City attorney; however, Newsom and all those involved were later cleared of legal wrongdoing.[60]

Newsom apologized for the affair at a news conference on February 1, 2007, saying, "I hurt someone I care deeply about, Alex Tourk, his friends and family, and that is something that I have to live with and something that I am deeply sorry for." After being approached by concerned colleagues, he announced that he would seek treatment for alcohol abuse.[61] Newsom later said that the difficult times during the exposing of the affair refocused him and allowed him to better appreciate being mayor.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayoralty_of_Gavin_Newsom

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.