Originally Posted By: vam5067
eightbore, I figured it would make sense to cut it to 26" only because it would be somewhat more normal but I suppose the longer I can leave it, the more choke I can preserve. As far as reblacking or rebrowning of the barrels goes, I don't know what the term is for making the barrels end up in a black/white pattern as I've gathered is original (not brown and white). I intend to leave the wood and metal (except the barrels) in their current condition - even if I wanted to fully restore the gun to its former glory, I presently don't have the funds to make that happen.

Better to do nothing than to have something done by a less than skilled smith. Be careful to whom you entrust it to. If funds are in short supply, better to do nothing than to pay for less than great work.

Just about anyone buying the gun would rather it is as it is, than it be further messed with by a smith not up to the task.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia