June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dave Weber, canvasback), 181 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,177
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yo'll have to copy and paste, but
watch this if you can stand the light of day, RMB:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att&p=candace+owen%27s+2019+CPAC+speech#id=1&vid=62e41b9051e1787761cf251518f2a0aa&action=click
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/31/19 10:52 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, if anybody could have cured the crash, surely someone might have prevented it in the first place. That was W's watch. As was the war in Iraq. As for these conversations, I wouldn't want an easy road. That would be boring.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 03/31/19 11:00 AM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Ted, Obama didn't cause the financial meltdown.When he saves the economy from the gamblers on Wall Street and turns it in the right direction, he gets no credit from his detractors. As soon as Trump takes over, he magically pulls prosperity from a hat. This conversation is amusing, but it doesn't seem likely to go anywhere.

Much like FDR didnt cause his meltdown, he just extended it for the following decade. From what I can see, and what I experienced, that extension of hardship is a hallmark of liberal administrations.
Id have taken my chances with the gamblers on Wall Street before I signed on to the level of debt Obama foisted on us, with a lot fewer promises and results then Wall Strret has delivered. It gets old pointing out to liberals that debt level surpassed the entire debt, combined, of all previous administrations.
Trump pulled nothing out of his hat. The rocketing up of the economy began the day of his inauguration, based on the expectations of what he campaigned on. Simple as that.
If the man had done nothing other than select the Supreme Court justices he has, and played golf for the remainder or his term, he would have done more good for the country than Obama had done his entire 8 years. I didnt vote for Trump, I voted against Hillary, and I and the nation got more, far more, than we could have dreamed.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, The Great Depression began in 1929 under a Republican administration. FDR wasn't elected until 1932. As for debt, check out the projections from Trump's tax cut.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill,
The Great Depression soldiered on for a decade, after FDRs election, and every policy he implemented made it worse, not better. Here, that bastion of conservative thought, UCLA economics explains why:

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409

RE debt under the tax cut: You have to fix the economy, Stupid, before you can begin to clean up the mess from the previous administration. You also forgot to note that under the budget proposed by Mr. Trump, the budget is balanced in 15 years.
Quite a triumph.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's also the little matter of, whose projections and who gets to attribute them to what. I suspect what's going on here is a double edged sword. The left gets traction with the tax cut talking point and, go figure, the R's are racists and hate the poor if entitlements aren't exponentially ever expanding, eh Bill?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Craig, I've always advocated "exponentially ever expanding entitlements". Now that you've called me out on it, I'm changing my position. Let the poor starve. If they can't find a job, they should start a business, perhaps something in venture capitalism or arbitrage, or wealth management. Ted, I'd appreciate seeing evidence that The New Deal made the depression worse. Perhaps some Austrian economist thinks so, but I still see the benefits of it where I live. In the small town I grew up in TND gave employment to lots of young guys who had no other source of work. We enjoy today parks, highways, reservoirs, and art works that were made during the depression.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you cant find a job in the Trump economy, you cant find a job, period. The fact of the matter is, everyone who WANTS a job, now has one. The realization that in order to hire someone at this point in time, is going to mean companies have to provide more than the employer someone has now, is driving phenomenal wage growth.

You cant read the link I posted to UCLA economics, Bill? More evidence than you will ever provide that FDR did anything, save promise a chicken in every pot.

Which never happened.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Craig, I've always advocated "exponentially ever expanding entitlements". Now that you've called me out on it, I'm changing my position. Let the poor starve. If they can't find a job, they should start a business, perhaps something in venture capitalism or arbitrage, or wealth management....

Awe cmon Bill. If a dem wants a 20% increase in some program and an R holds the same funding for the follow year, then the R is a sink in a ditch for slashing the program by 20%, eh?

Ive never read it quite that way, but will your poor be exempt from barak era regs? My thought would be their best chance of earning some food money would be by the good graces of being hired by a big ole fat corporation, right? It doesnt have to be some Wall Street corp, maybe something entry level like a mcds or 7-11, huh?

Hey, how about your open border future for the country and your grandkids? Ignore the US citizen, then go on TV and claim each illegal will pump millions into your projected economy, eh? Dont forget, about 90% of the worst, or best if you must, illegal drugs in MT come up through mejico, si?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Craig, if anybody could have cured the crash, surely someone might have prevented it in the first place. That was W's watch. As was the war in Iraq. As for these conversations, I wouldn't want an easy road. That would be boring.

If you actually paid attention to this stuff, Bill, you'd know that the origins of that crash began with terribly ill advised choices the CLINTON administration made to encourage the extension of mortgages to people who could not afford them. It was specifically done to make the poor, low information Democrat voter think Clinton was doing them a favour.

I'm late to the game today as most of the day was spent working snow covered fields with a happy and hard working dog while carrying my trusted J & W Tolley single barrel 12 ga game gun. The dog did his part, the pheasant did their part and the Tolley did it's part. A good day was had by all. This stuff never gets old.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/31/19 06:30 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.