No. Not Wrights. This guys name is Jim. I sent him a Model 12 that I just couldnt get right. Things wouldnt align up like I thought they should. I polished the gun like I was taught to polish a gun, by hand, keeping all the lines sharp, edges clean, lettering untouched. When I sent him the gun, he called me after he received it, and proceeded to compliment me on my polishing and woodwork....and then he schooled me on how it was done at Winchester and why things werent lining up, what was right and what was wrong. Needless to say, it was an education. When I got the gun back...it looked like it was fresh off the rack circa 1934.
My gunmaker friend sent him a clients-friends 1897 that was pretty clapped out in regards to finish, etc. That gun came back looking as good as my model 12 did. Ive seen hundreds of refinished Winchesters...my guns dont look refinished...they look like factory new guns. Beautiful. Jim uses the same polishing equipment and techniques that were used at Winchester. The same blacking formulas that were used at Winchester. His work is top notch.