Well, my Hollenbeck drilling number 35 had some problems with the left barrel spring becoming disabled and the safety not functioning properly, a young gun Smith in Robertsdale Alabama, Daniel Resmondo worked some magic with a little special welding and the problem is solved, in the meantime I became obsessed with Hollenback number 236, purchased from Cherry’s for parts, in 12 gauge over 32-40 Winchester. I obtained some vintage ammo , 180 grain cast bullets, and they were unstable and tumbled, I found the old 1908 three barrel gun Company catalog, it called for 165 grain bullet, and high power cartridges rated at 2065 ft./s muzzle velocity , I duplicated that with 165 grain .321 hornady FTX bullet and gradually worked up from 25 grains of Hornady’s leverevolution powder all the way to 34.5 grains with no significant pressure signs and matched the velocity at slightly over 2070 ft./s, I got a less than 1 inch group of three at 100 yards! (Would love to send the target with the bullet holes if one are you more gifted ones wants to help me put the picture in this forum) I ran into A family friend whose great grandfather had an old drilling, Tobi, my German friend and gunSmith partner was with me when we looked at the gun, and believe it or not, it was Hollenback Drilling number 874: 12 gauge over 32-40 Winchester, it’s like the Hollenbeck‘s are coming out of the woodwork, my question for researcher is, any information on The original owners of number 236 and now number 874?
Visit our website to see how this obsession with #35 Hollenbeck drilling has led to Germany guns for sale: www.german-gun-imports.com :”save the guns”