The top rifle is a 1922 that was converted to Hornet and the original Armory stock restyled by a E.F. Spicer. At least that was the name that was stamped on both the wood and the metal. Mr Spicer was probably a pretty good gun mechanic, but a stock maker he was not. Fortunately he left enough wood in most places that I felt it could be turned into a pretty decent stock. Before reshaping the stock I turned the barrel down to a lighter contour, leaving it full diameter at the forward scope mount holes so as to have enough meat for the screws. Wood strips were glued into the barrel channel and the lighter barrel inlet into the new wood. By time I got done the checkering was completely gone from the forend so I was able to do as I pleased there, but the grip still had enough remnants of his old checkering that I had to follow his master lines. It had a funky fill in pattern so I extended it, but his master lines were laid out at the wrong angle, hence the points at the front not pointing the right way. The scope is not attached to the rifle, just laying there to see how it would look. If anyone knows anything about this scope I'd be thankful for any information. I can't find anything on it. It is a Unertl, but much smaller than even the small game scope.

Regards,
John