Originally Posted By: Hal
Had an old co-worker named Howard Thornesberry from Missouri. He said he once saw an old railroad track there that used black walnut for ties! He gave me a .36 Colt Skin for my cartridge collection.

When I was in college, I had a summer job working for PennDOT. At the time, PennDOT was building several new Roadside Rests along the Interstates, and they gave a few of us the job of assembling picnic tables for the Roadside Rests. These heavy tables were all pre-cut and pre-drilled by convicts in the State Prison System, and most of the wood was Red Oak. But I noticed an occasional Black Walnut board, and had an appreciation for Walnut even then. I put aside Black Walnut pieces until I had enough to assemble a picnic table built completely out of Walnut. I spent extra time sanding it, and we had Spar Varnish to finish them. That was the most beautiful picnic table I ever saw.

Incidentally, this PennDOT job was a political patronage job that was given to me because my Mom was a local Democrat Committee-Woman, and I had to register to vote Democrat to get the job. At the time, several of my bosses there were under indictment for Bribery, Macing, Extortion, and Grand Theft. They were subsequently found guilty and sent to prison... where they may have been employed cutting out picnic tables or making License Plates.

The widespread graft and political corruption by the Democrats in my County shocked me. I realized that I never would have even been hired for this good paying job if I hadn't registered Democrat. I went back to the Court House and changed my voter registration to No Party Affiliation. I hope rocky mtn bill enjoyed this story of corrupt Democrats in action. They are so much more than simply anti-gun!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.