Hello All

I have a chance to purchase a 12 Ga Charles Daly Lindner shotgun. It is a very light dynamic gun and appears to be in excellent condition for its age.

It has the crossed pistols with HAL over top so correct me if wrong that would be 1892 or later?

It has three crown marks over the lettersL
S= smoothbore?
W=choke
U=final proof?

13/1 with a 12 in a circle which I believe identifies bore diameter and confirms 12 GA.

It also has two symbols that looks kind of like a necklace and I"m not sure what those mean.

On the bottom of the barrels (Damascus) it has the crossed pistols with HAL over top and either a K.S. or B.S. stamp on them. Barrel also has a number 1300 on it.

I have never owned a damascus gun before and this is giving me pause. Also I would need to adjust the cast for a left hand shooter.

The solid rib had some writing on it but unfortunately I did not take a picture of it.

It has some modest engraving with a really nice POW stock and with excellent figure and no cheekpiece which is a bonus for me.

Any ideas on fair market value for this gun assuming the barrels are checked and confirmed safe to shoot?

I have pictures posted on upland Journal but could not figure out how to upload them here.

UJ post on Charles Daly

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Brushbuster; 11/23/19 05:01 PM.