Raimey,
I believe the DR was proofed in Suhl between 1911-12 and 1922. Note the bore dia. and case length in mm and no date or ledger number. During this time ZM dated them and marked the ledger number, but Suhl didn't.

May Jim W.
The proof marks on the drilling, indeed, support your assessment that it is chambered for 6.5x70R. This is a cartridge made to about duplicate 6.5x58R S&S performance, but with a much smaller head diameter to allow chambering in smaller lighter rifles. It has a head diameter close to 32-20 WCF size but 70mm long. This allowed power capacity close to the 6.5x58R and still have a smaller diameter. It was sometimes referred to as the cigarette cartridge. None of the cases we traditionally formed other cases from can be used without very extensive swaging and redrawing operations. Fortunately, fairly recently a cartridge was introduced in Germany, especially for hunting Reh(Roe) Deer, to be used in insert barrels ( Einstecklaufs-ELs). This is 6x70R and is based on the old 6.5x70R case. Because other cartridges are more popular, 6x70R cases are not easy to find. If you can find some, however, they will be made with boxer primer pockets and quality brass. I think 6.5x70R cases are also made by Bertram, but if you can find some you may or may not be satisfied with them. Also, the bullet diameter may be .260-2" and the barrel must be slugged to determine it. This is the same as the 6.5x58R and is not nearly the problem that cases are. Some people just use .257" bullets and some resize 264" bullets to .260". I resize the bullets for my 6.5x58R to .260" and am very satisfied with them.
On the otherhand, loading for the 9x57R should be pretty straight forward and trouble free, using 8x57IR/IRS cases and .358" bullets. If a .358" bullet won't fit into a fired case, they can be easily resized or cast bullets can be used. Bullets for the new 350 Legend may also be useable in this case as I understand they are smaller than .358". The only complication should be selecting a load that shoots both barrels to the same POI or close. Have fun.
Mike