For what it's worth this is my personal experience with an 8E D.M. Lefever fitted with a set of 28" Imperial Steel barrels, gun #1622. I owned this gun in the 1980,s and 90's, and long prior to having access to all the internet knowledge and admonitions we have nowadays; so I never measured barrel wall thickness, chokes, etc., but did have Buck Hamlin lengthen chambers to 2 3/4". Bores were excellent; and after Buck got the single trigger to work reliably (auto ejectors never worked right), I shot the gun thousands of times using 8000psi 1 1/8 oz. reloads. Overall, this was one of the best shooting shotguns I've ever owned. I have many fond hunting memories with this gun, but one of the best was my last trip duck hunting in a beaver pond along the Broad River in Elbert County Georgia prior to the mandatory use of steel shot. Bagged two wood ducks that morning, one a beautiful banded drake; and just as memorable were the retrieves by my young Lab. I later traded the gun to my now deceased friend and Lefever collector, Hal Jacques; but this unique gun will always be instantly recognized by it's unique safety. The safety on this gun was ordered as a slide type device as opposed to the roller style safety standard on D. M. Lefever guns.