June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
10 members (fallschirmjaeger, eeb, Don Zahringer, CJF, 2 invisible), 347 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,623
Posts547,099
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

See online exchange below. I'd be interested in knowing if you think I was outta line?

"Grouser1 <deeble@montana.com> wrote:

REGARDING ITEM: 80398366 16 GAUGE BELGIAN GERMAN SXS
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=80398XXX

Hello Ed:

We did some business a couple years ago, and I'm now interested in this Belgian 16 ga.

I'm left handed. Does the gun have any cast-off? I prefer none.

Are the ribs tight, and the triggers sound? Any cracks in the wood anywhere?

Is it marked "nitro"? Do you have any more photos of the flats or anything else?

Thanks,
Ben
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:35 AM
To: Grouser1
Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 80398366

ben: i see no noticeable cast. it has none of the problems you suggest. the belgians did not mark there guns nitro. it does have leige nitro proofs. ed

deeble <deeble@montana.com> wrote:
Dear Ed:

I appreciate your responses.
Are the barrels tight and on-face?
Will you provide an inspection period for this shotgun?

Thanks,
Ben

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:31 AM
To: deeble
Subject: RE: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 80398366

ben: i do not sell guns with unidentified problems. all items are guaranteed to be as advertised or your money back. please review feed back before asking shot in the dark negative questions. it just wastes time. ed1

Dear Ed:

Nothing I asked was “shot in the dark” or unreasonable. Service is what a merchant is supposed to provide to justify their profit.

Under the “Inspection” line, it says “See description”. But your description does not discuss an inspection policy.

You have an online reputation of “Don’t walk away… run”. I thought I’d ignore the nay-sayers. Now maybe I know why? You just lost a customer. Thought you’d want to know you are making your own bed with the type of response you just provided.

Ben"

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, nice job.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wait until you see how Ed goes nuts on you if you dare to make him an offer on one of his guns. Yikes!!

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

You want to really get a laugh,tell him your going to be in the area,have funds and would like to examine the gun in person.
That is also Verboten "mail order only"

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ben, I hope you have a security system and good floodlights in your yard. I don't think all of Ed's screws are tight and aligned.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He has a negative rating w/me for a good reason, you were right on the target.

Benny Kirkham
Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone who belittles a question of substance at the very least lacks customer service savvy, but more likely has something he does not want to disclose. Honest, and customer oriented folks, bend over backwards to serve their customer. You be the judge, but it would send me another direction...fast!

Jim

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This guy is really a piece of work. Below is what Ed sent me while I was at work today... and my final response. But if you want to see a dozen really ugly feedbacks for a fellow, go to Gunbroker.com.

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:57 PM
To: deeble
Subject: RE: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 80398366

ben: i have learned over the years that mal contents like you do not make good customers. ed1"

Hello Ed:

I think instead the real case may be that over the years you have found that knowledgeable and detail-oriented people do not make good customers for you.

I asked some very basic questions about some very real conditions often encountered in used side-by-side shotguns. You accused me of wasting your time during less than a few minutes of email exchanges. I think your failure to answer these basic questions are in fact an effort to be unaccountably vague, thus pass everything off as being “As advertised.”

I have read your customer feedback online, and there are some real doozies there… misrepresentation, failures to fully refund, obfuscations (look it up), and just plain poor attitude.

Thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson so cheaply. Too bad not all the other victims of your practices can say the same.

Ben

P.S. do you ever visit the bulletin board on Doublegunshop.com?"

Is this Ed1 the same as the "Blowtorch Case-Color" guy?

JERRY

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen, I was asked today, Is this the "Gundealer CHAPPIE" that has the Fox "Bo Wup"????(Bo Whoop) We, of the Gunmaking Fraternity,Please Note: GUNMAKING,(NOT gundealing)Are watching with'Great Interest".....Also if he is the 'Torch-Man",he really needs to pay me a visit at my WorkShop, I would love to show him how 'Accidents" can happen to "IDIOTS",(Within the confines of the Workshop') I, of course would Reimburse him for his travel expences..."What say You" CC.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.