Bill, I didn't swallow anything, in fact, I leaned democrat until my late twenties, a misfortune from growing up in Pittsburgh. Two union jobs opened my eyes to what they are all about. When Howard Metzenbaum and the democrats started pushing gun control, I began looking at the democratic party a lot more critically.

I don't watch TV, if I listen to the radio, I listen to WSM online, I get all my news online. Breitbart, The Stream, American Thinker, Lifezette, American Conservative, The Hill, The Week, Guardian, Real Clear Politics, and some Christian websites. I get the news from both sides, yes, there's bias on the conservative side, but the liberal side is at best biased. At their worst, they're flat out liars, most of the time though, their biggest fault is leaving out any and all information that doesn't advance their agenda.

You remind me of my late mother, she would watch CNN and complain about republicans. I would show her the other side of the story, or things she never heard about, and it changed her thinking, but she would never admit it, all I ever got out of her was "they're all no good", she didn't want to believe it. Sorry, but I know better than to buy what democrats are selling.