Originally Posted By: Dan S. W.
Originally Posted By: Stan
What's the big deal about cutting down hull length? It's no harder than any other aspect of reloading.

SRH

Time, unfortunately. I have very little of it lately with a fairly demanding job and infant daughter. I don't tie my own flies for the same reason...

And that's fine.

Buy shells if you wish.

The US loaded RST is as good as any euro import, so don't think you're sacrificing anything in the way of performance because you aren't.

A euro hull is a euro hull, and they are universal now in the 2.5" market. It's all essentially the same components no matter the vendor. The differences are minor.

My last paper shells from both Eley and Fiocchi were nothing to get excited about. The last good paper shell was the Federal Champion 2 and they disappeared 30 years ago.

Times have changed. It's a global market.

Be thankful for RST.

The best shells in the world are loaded right here by Remington at the present time but of course they don't make 2.5" loads. Expect that to also change. The STS is doomed in the marketplace by economics, and the brass head shell will be extinct in a few years.

That is a great pity, but apparently unavoidable. Federal has already changed to steel head shells entirely. The others will follow suit soon enough.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble