June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (NCTarheel, Jimmy W), 176 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,638
Posts547,250
Members14,433
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ted, you may have missed my report here of our last year's gun club annual meeting. Members would not take a position on looming gun control. I met with a half-dozen members of another club at the county range recently, one with an assault-style rifle. Similar response. The local gun shop owner put up his hand when I mentioned it, "I don't want to talk about it." Entreaties to a national organization provided unimaginative boilerplate, voice and print.

A majority favours gun control in rural Nova Scotia and those who don't have been worn down and dispirited by unfairness of the urban-rural divide. Urban has the votes. Our provincial government recently closed its biggest kraft mill arbitrarily after a poll showed 60 per cent of the populace didn't want it. No discussion with thousands of stakeholders, not even the owners or legislators.

My shooting-sports brothers, many close friends for more than 50 years who opposed successfully the long-gun registry, appreciate my efforts. Only now they see them mostly as beating a dead horse.

I can see from here you are involved with the wrong gun club.

Or, country.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, you may have missed my report here of our last year's gun club annual meeting. Members would not take a position on looming gun control. I met with a half-dozen members of another club at the county range recently, one with an assault-style rifle. Similar response. The local gun shop owner put up his hand when I mentioned it, "I don't want to talk about it." Entreaties to a national organization provided unimaginative boilerplate, voice and print.

A majority favours gun control in rural Nova Scotia and those who don't have been worn down and dispirited by unfairness of the urban-rural divide. Urban has the votes. Our provincial government recently closed its biggest kraft mill arbitrarily after a poll showed 60 per cent of the populace didn't want it. No discussion with thousands of stakeholders, not even the owners or legislators.

My shooting-sports brothers, many close friends for more than 50 years who opposed successfully the long-gun registry, appreciate my efforts. Only now they see them mostly as beating a dead horse.

What a load of horse shit King! Your life's efforts consisted of unbridled support for Liberal Left anti-gun politicians in Canada and here.

You spent years here greasing the skids for the most anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats on the planet, and being nothing but critical of the Conservatives who worked to maintain our gun rights. Make us all laugh, and tell us you did not help Justin Trudeau by giving him your vote and your endorsement.

You were, and continue to be a Wolf in Sheep's clothing, and a Trojan Horse posing as a gun guy. It appears as though you plan to continue being dishonest about your own words and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric... which will be your enduring legacy here.

You deserve it... you worked hard for that distinction. Congrats!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

I can see from here you are involved with the wrong gun club.

Or, country.

Best,
Ted

King, you may be at the right gun club. Have you ever considered turning down one of the fancy board lunches with the handful of good old boys, and chit chatted with the regular folks shooting the ARs?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
...fancy board lunches...

Donuts and moose meat?

Originally Posted By: craigd
...the regular folks...

...get Boat Harbour sea urchins.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, I'm an old-fashioned rifleman, competitive shooter nationally at 15, and like most of my friends abhor the sight of ARs, only to be discussed politely with tongue firmly in cheek. Our gun club has never had a board dinner, too extravagant to our liking, money better spent on shoots and range improvements.

keith, you're a troll. Shame on you. I was asked to represent two counties of shooters in the first all-party meeting hereabouts to remove the gun registry and worked with our Member of Parliament who as justice and defence minister was the strongest cabinet minister to protect gun rights.

Peter MacKay still is, now running for leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada and to be next Prime Minister, pilloried daily in the mainstream media for opposing the ban, only yesterday portrayed by one of Canada's best cartoonists as worshipping at a plinth crowned by an AK-47.

Sidelock
Sidelock

...tongue firmly in cheek....

King, those lyrics I cribbed in the Bollocks thread were also. I figured you got it but just want to make sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, I'm an old-fashioned rifleman, competitive shooter nationally at 15, and like most of my friends abhor the sight of ARs, only to be discussed politely with tongue firmly in cheek....

Okay King. To put it another way, if three or four of you left your old-fashioned rifles home, and three or four hundred of 'them' left their ARs home. Wouldn't you all be Canadians?

I guess not really, eh? There's the three or four elite philosophers who would think and decide for the lower class followers. It seems to me like we're perpetuating a prejudice against coequal citizens through the opportunity of an inanimate object and agressive marketing?

crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Significant anecdotal evidence is surfacing that if you are pro gun, you will be removed from this pollster's pool of people they use to conduct the various polls they do."

Surprise, surprise!

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, and I'm chauvinistic on that point, craig. We would all be Canadians. Covid is being managed similarly. Depending on circumstances, our provincial and federal political leaders discuss regularly whether to ease and tighten lockdowns through consensus. Public safety comes before politics.

Your point of philosophers has merit, not so much as an elite power group---the essence of all politics, competing even within same parties---as part of our culture and national character. Canada developed without slavery and free labour, a Wild West or devastating civil war of consequences felt today.

On your point of inanimate objects and marketing, is Canada's decision to arbitrarily rid itself of ARs different from the United States imposing after 9/11 draconian limits to liberty and privacy of the Patriot Act and electronic surveillance of its entire citizenry as any country in the world?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems clear to me that in the US, public safety does not come before politics. Liberal State guvs have used the tragedy to try to ruin the economy in order to dump President Trump. All they've shown me is what progressive domination will be like when it comes.

I think the shutdown which resulted in what's likely to become another long term recession was unnecessary and the disease should have been allowed to burn itself out. It seems to me that's what we've come around to anyhow...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 05/08/20 11:27 AM. Reason: added sentence
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.