July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 147 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,645
Posts547,367
Members14,434
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

James, we're both in the wage economy, the work force, know the balancing of economy and safety in uncharted waters is a guessing game. It's challenging enough for me to manage cleaning self and truck properly after trip to town for grocery curbside pickup.. Agree on dispensing easily with niceties of democracy but that's what we do, rightly or wrongly, in life-and-death situations. I'm pleased our public health authorities are listened to, and that I only have to follow a few simple rules, and our political leaders are working together, and there are no questions of executive authority. Our parliamentary system, warts and all, is trustworthy, has confidence of all Canadians.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
...electronic surveillance of its entire citizenry...

You have to feel for the poor CIA schlub monitoring this site.
Has to be the Patriot Act equivalent of getting your arse beat and tossed in a ditch in Cuba.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....not so much as an elite power group---the essence of all politics, competing even within same parties---as part of our culture and national character....

....On your point of inanimate objects and marketing, is Canada's decision to arbitrarily rid itself of ARs different from the United States imposing after 9/11 draconian limits to liberty and privacy of the Patriot Act and electronic surveillance of its entire citizenry as any country in the world?

I believe an arbitrary Canadian decision is very different in that it might help show Argo that there can not be reasonable distancing from politics?

We’ve ‘discussed’ Canada being at least 3/4 rural with not the friendliest climate, fostering a tough yet inclusive and understanding culture. In a few short years, how did it become so chauvinistic and arbitrary? While some clearly cling to romanticizing a long past era, the truth is the culture of Canada is progressing in a disappointing direction and at an amazing pace. Could it be because the enablers are justifying hypocrisy with equivocation and emotion based reasoning?

Happy upcoming birthday, I’m glad you can enjoy it free of the Russian roulette that your comrades of a similar age in NY have to endure under a progressive gov.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, King, let’s get this straight. You are OK with banning AR style firearms for Canadiens based on what fact? You don’t like how they look? The high prevalence of their use in Canadien crimes? Let us be honest with the facts for a moment-how many assault weapons have been used in Canadien crimes? (The correct answer is zero, nada, none, zip.) What could possibly be the rationale for banning them in a country where every, single, gun owner is computer background checked EVERY SINGLE DAY (no such system in place for actual convicted Canadien criminals, which, makes me feel a little better about the Patriot Act, but, I digress),
What is it, exactly, King? I’ve always ‘sorta felt the differences between an AR and, say, a Ruger 10-22 don’t really manifest themselves until about the 40 yard mark, one was about like the other prior to that. You are OK with one, and not the other?
Why are you OK with legislation to criminalize legal gun owners across the entire width of Canada, over about 200 deaths a year, that often occur with smuggled or otherwise illegally owned, non AR platform weapons? How many people do drunks kill every year with cars in Canada, or, doctors, due to negligence?
This is not a a question where I expect to sit and read a leftist societal hairball that you spit up for general consumption by us toothless, confederate flag waving AR slinging yanks. I want to know why you have an axe to grind about what makes an AR platform so dangerous, so vilified, and so worthy of being outlawed in a society where it is almost of no impact at all.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted you troll, sorry King, beat you to it. On to the questions, hypocrisy, or?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
...electronic surveillance of its entire citizenry...

You have to feel for the poor CIA schlub monitoring this site.
Has to be the Patriot Act equivalent of getting your arse beat and tossed in a ditch in Cuba.

Maybe the glaze comes off his eyes when the conversation turns to motorcycles?

Or, God help him, hockey?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Ted you troll, sorry King, beat you to it. On to the questions, hypocrisy, or?

This comment gave me my laugh for the day.

The shame of it is that rocky mtn bill would be much too dumb to understand it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I reread Canvasback's excellent short exposition on the origin of an almost totalitarian power currently welded by the PMO in Canada.

James Madison called this the "Tyranny of the Majority" - it's worth taking a look at this concept again and to ponder the checks and balances in the American Constitutional system essentially designed by Madison which are meant to keep this from happening. Alexis de Tocqueville commented on this phenomenon:

Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville is universally regarded as one of the most influential books ever written about America. While historians have viewed Democracy as a rich source about the age of Andrew Jackson, Tocqueville was more of a political thinker than a historian. In the introduction to Democracy, he states: “In America, I saw more than America… I sought the image of democracy itself, with its inclinations, its character, its prejudices, and its passions.” His subject is nothing less than what is to be hoped for, and what to be feared from, the democratic revolution sweeping the Western world in his time.

The greatest danger Tocqueville saw was that public opinion would become an all-powerful force, and that the majority could tyrannize unpopular minorities and marginal individuals. In Volume 1, Part 2, Chapter 7, “Of the Omnipotence of the Majority in the United States and Its Effects,” he lays out his argument with a variety of well-chosen constitutional, historical, and sociological examples.

The first lesson introduces students to Tocqueville’s thesis about the omnipotence, i.e., the all power character of majority opinion in a democracy and his way of developing an argument through well-chosen historical examples. In the second lesson students consider the argument that unchecked political power will lead to tyranny. In the third lesson, students confront and evaluate Tocqueville’s most shocking claim—that there is less freedom of discussion and independence of mind in America than in Europe with negative consequences for American character and culture. Throughout, students are challenged to draw analogies between Tocqueville’s statements and their own experience and knowledge.

Last edited by Argo44; 05/08/20 01:39 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, you're a troll. Shame on you. I was asked to represent two counties of shooters in the first all-party meeting hereabouts to remove the gun registry and worked with our Member of Parliament who as justice and defence minister was the strongest cabinet minister to protect gun rights.

King, this is precisely why I have frequently observed that you are the single most dishonest person to ever post on this forum.

For all the times your fellow countryman canvasback had mentioned the multi-year battle by Canadian gun owners to repeal the Long Gun Registry, you never once mentioned any participation in that effort. Fact is, I frequently asked you what you were doing... aside from supporting the Liberal Left anti-gun politicians who imposed it.

You never replied, and we all know that being the pompous bloviating braggart you are, we would never hear the end of it if you had been involved in any small way.

Later, when you invented this fictitious account of being an emmisary for your gun club, I repeatedly asked you for the name of the president or leader of this gun club, so I could contact him and ask him if it was true. I asked only because I knew how much you have lied to us about such things as your fictitious relationship with John F. Kennedy and his brothers Ted and Bobby, Martin Luther King Jr., Jackie Kennedy, your lies about your "Award Winning Wine" which was actually made by Jost Winery, and all of the other horse shit you dropped here.

Of course, who could forget you calling me a liar for reminding you about your illegal transport of a handgun across the U.S. and Canadian border... even after I posted a direct QUOTE, along with the date and post number where you admitted doing so.

My opinion is based upon your own words which I have QUOTED here ad nauseam. Only someone who is a mentally ill fool would repeatedly attempt to deny their own words when they are in black and white for all to see. You can try to rewrite history... But you will never be able to make the words you posted here go away. Your anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric...your disdain for our NRA... And your support for anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats... will be your legacy here.

I can't wait to see your reply to the questions Ted posed concerning why you so vehemently oppose AR-15 platform rifle ownership by law abiding citizens. We get that you don't like the Patriot act. So then, do two wrongs make a right?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Still trolling, keith. I've no time for trolls, least of all with those who exhibit daily they know little of their country and been nowhere. You bring to mind MLK's words, "I'd never let a man take me so low that I'll hate him." Your "magic negro." Or writing here you looked forward to my death. Shame on you.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.