July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jolly Bill, 12boreman, Argo44, Jtplumb, LeFusil, 2 invisible), 136 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,653
Posts547,465
Members14,436
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Organ Grinder has no capability for shame. He is a simple bully. No one matters to him because he stands for nothing beyond his sad narrow horizon. Empathy is a concept light years past his awareness. No one here with an ounce of humanity should pay him the slightest attention.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who can fault Tocqueville? US majorities were all for neutrality with fascists until they were torpedoed in the Irish Sea in WW1 and bombed into WW2 at Pearl Harbour. Americans said no war for us.

FDR's subterfuge and political skills brought the US around to not letting Great Britain and British Commonwealth fight fascism alone. Without US support all we treasure would have been lost to fascism.

Canada conducted "wet operations" against German spies on the streets of New York where stiff-armed with swastikas bunds paraded proudly, as part of those majorities who wanted to stay out of the war.

There's one for "Tyranny of the Majority."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....You bring to mind MLK's words, "I'd never let a man take me so low that I'll hate him." ....

King, I feel your pain, all righty, I got the empathy bit out of the way. What is the trigger or distinguisher between deciding if one should attack personally or demonize the inanimate object? I guess what Im asking is how would one quantify the effectiveness of advancing the agenda? Whats the value of repetition on the perception of truth? What is the maximum IQ of the target group when creating a perception?

Just kidding King. Theres another okay quote you could pm Bill about, dont shoot the messenger? If you imagine were all Canadian, could that be progress?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, humans are complicated, all of us. Here's my personal take, using example of my life in public affairs. I'm from a long line of activists, grandfather early assistant to founder Salvation Army and later director of Gipsy Smith, leading evangelist of his times, grandmother a vote-demanding suffragette, my father a communist in early 20s during Depression when anyone not thinking of a better way wasn't thinking at all.

I was National Councillor of the American Newspaper Guild, in early days of setting up separate and independent branch in Canada, and later the national CWSG, led the English section of the producers' strike which successfully wrested control of Radio Canada, French sector of Canada's public broadcaster, from the autocratic premier Duplessis. All concerned with social welfare of workers. Currently president of a provincial woodlot owners organization.

My interest is social justice in the workplace, healthier and happier communities through cooperation, peerless consultation at the heart of it. The results are satisfactory. Now, the complication, a seeming contradiction. I've participated with gun owners to get rid of the gun registry and protect gun rights. I regard ARs as affectations---"a studied display of artificiality of manner"---and an egregious part of our flagrant consumerism.

That's just me. If gun owners want to keep them, they'll struggle as I did for what I considered the public interest. I will be no part of theirs. Brotherhood has never demanded lock-step; it accommodates wisdom and ignorance in different ways. Consider also that my principal interests are advancing needs of minority groups and AR owners may be one of them. I'm picking my battles while agreeing with you on your mentioned contradictions.

Like a loyal and conscientious Republican or Democrat saying no, enough is enough, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you give too much credit to power-group strategy, at government or commoner levels. The powerful won't give up its advantages. There won't be civil war. The influential got us to drink the Kool-Aid. In that respect, there's no difference between Americans and Canadians. Both sides recognize contradictions in their positions. Doesn't matter.

But like Stalin said to Churchill at Yalta, "How many divisions has the pope?" The majority in Canada has time on its side. It will muddle through. It has the votes---Trudeau was elected on a ban---and in true democratic fashion the test of public opinion will be answered again at the next federal election. There's already talk of a snap election this year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....That's just me. If gun owners want to keep them, they'll struggle as I did for what I considered the public interest. I will be no part of theirs. Brotherhood has never demanded lock-step....

Well and fine, but when we cast a ballot, dont we get the whole package?

When advancing an agenda, is it advantageous to create the perception that piecemeal hopes should be enough to fall in line, lock-step so to speak, with the whole package? Do you think thats why hypocrisy is tolerated, ignored, or encouraged? Perhaps a combination of all three?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, humans are complicated, all of us. Here's my personal take, using example of my life in public affairs. I'm from a long line of activists, grandfather early assistant to founder Salvation Army and later director of Gipsy Smith, leading evangelist of his times, grandmother a vote-demanding suffragette, my father a communist in early 20s during Depression when anyone not thinking of a better way wasn't thinking at all.

I was National Councillor of the American Newspaper Guild, in early days of setting up separate and independent branch in Canada, and later the national CWSG, led the English section of the producers' strike which successfully wrested control of Radio Canada, French sector of Canada's public broadcaster, from the autocratic premier Duplessis. All concerned with social welfare of workers. Currently president of a provincial woodlot owners organization.

My interest is social justice in the workplace, healthier and happier communities through cooperation, peerless consultation at the heart of it. The results are satisfactory. Now, the complication, a seeming contradiction. I've participated with gun owners to get rid of the gun registry and protect gun rights. I regard ARs as affectations---"a studied display of artificiality of manner"---and an egregious part of our flagrant consumerism.

That's just me. If gun owners want to keep them, they'll struggle as I did for what I considered the public interest. I will be no part of theirs. Brotherhood has never demanded lock-step; it accommodates wisdom and ignorance in different ways. Consider also that my principal interests are advancing needs of minority groups and AR owners may be one of them. I'm picking my battles while agreeing with you on your mentioned contradictions.

Like a loyal and conscientious Republican or Democrat saying no, enough is enough, eh?

I think you give too much credit to power-group strategy, at government or commoner levels. The powerful won't give up its advantages. There won't be civil war. The influential got us to drink the Kool-Aid. In that respect, there's no difference between Americans and Canadians. Both sides recognize contradictions in their positions. Doesn't matter.

But like Stalin said to Churchill at Yalta, "How many divisions has the pope?" The majority in Canada has time on its side. It will muddle through. It has the votes---Trudeau was elected on a ban---and in true democratic fashion the test of public opinion will be answered again at the next federal election. There's already talk of a snap election this year.

Somewhere in the bowels of the CIA building an agent is thinking to himself...

...I knew I should have taken that assistant manager job at McDonalds in Hoboken...standing on his workstation desk, eyes glazing over as he stares at the noose in front of him, remembering the words of his recruiter ...fantasizing of Morocco and maids and fancy embassy parties...willing to settle for...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

Somewhere in the bowels of the CIA building an agent is thinking to himself...

...I knew I should have taken that assistant manager job at McDonalds in Hoboken...standing on his workstation desk, eyes glazing over as he stares at the noose in front of him, remembering the words of his recruiter ...fantasizing of Morocco and maids and fancy embassy parties...willing to settle for...

At least he aint in Detroit.

Facing Windsor.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, this isnt that complicated. You are making an issue where none exist. You are applying a view test to a class of firearms, trying to find an excuse to ban where none exist.

I dont own an AR. But, I have enough sense to realize there is no real difference between that type of gun and the Remington 241 my Father bought in 1947, that my son now owns, and we both enjoy. If we are unlawful, we deserve neither, but, the other side of that coin is if we are lawful, what difference does it make which one we keep and use?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah Lonesome, King does have the knack for dodging and weaving better than any 89 year old on earth.

His response to my last post, and Ted's question about AR-15 rifles was almost exactly what I expected... a lot of lies, a lot of fluff, and a lot of crap from his inflated self-image.

But anyone who has paid attention to this pathetic clown over the years can easily see how dishonest he is about his support for anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats in the U.S. and anti-gun Liberal Canadian politicians,

Justin Trudeau and other anti-gunners get their mandate and the power to pass anti-gun laws from King and other Libtards just like him and rocky mtn bill.

Here's a little sample of what King is once again attempting to deny:

IS KING BROWN AN ANTI-GUNNER ?

King can pretend to be pro-gun, but his own words and his long history of lies betrays betrays him, and will be his legacy.

The good news is that he won't hate me for once again providing proof of his support for anti-2nd Amendment politicians, and disdain and denial of our Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms. And rocky mtn bill can't stop thinking about organs. Must have something to do with his thing for transgenders.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.