LGF....those were the days....sex, drugs, and rock&roll...though I opted out of option #2. (I too drove a VW Bus from return from VN to graduation - but without a flower on the door...and I was there when Jimmi Hendrix played Star Spangled Banner at midnight on July 4, 1970 at the Atlanta Pop)

There are three routes from America to America through BC and Yukon. Route 37...route 97....and route 1 (Alcan...built by American soldiers at the beginning of WWII)...37 and 97 ultimately join the Alcan. 37 is paved all the way - narrow, isolated, rainy. 97 and 1 have gravel sections - Son in an earlier trip had a truck put a stone through his windshield on 97.

Driving in the Taiga is not fun. From his descriptions, I had a similar claustrophobic-like experience in Afghanistan Farah Province....the distance was vast but somehow closed in...and it was like being in a closet for some reason.

Covid Virus times are not normal...but Canadian gun laws are changing too and from son are bitterly resented in western Canada.

Last edited by Argo44; 06/16/20 10:54 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch