OMG....sorry to have started this crap. I'm sure the coherent, cogent and succinct arguments presented here, filled with logic, protocol, and proper manners, and presented before a philosophic-centric audience will convince people one way or the other.

Anyway, CB thanks for the explanation about the border shutdown. Makes some sense.

Except for the Yukon checkpoint. It's about 750 miles from where route 37 enters the Yukon from BC up to the Alaskan border traveling up the sometimes unpaved Route 1 Alcan highway, near Watson Lake, 270 miles east of Whitehorse. You tell a guy who has already been driving for 8 hours that he has 20 hours to cover 750 miles....you're putting that driver at risk. Sure...I've driven 750 miles in 11 hours...from Washington DC to Florida down I-95 in the middle of the night...he made it driving 16 hours straight. Not safe...but he's young...we all did it back in the days.

No matter - he made it - and now is in bear/moose/fish/kayak/interview Valhalla. He can mail the 870 to himself or carry it back on the plane next time. I've dissuaded him from getting a flotation water-proof gun sleeve to attach to the sea-kayak. Just D-ring it to the Kayak - which is a floatation device already. The gun is entirely nickel plated with a synthetic stock...bought specifically for salt water and bears, previously discussed here:
https://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=445891

Last edited by Argo44; 06/17/20 08:57 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch