I'm inclined to agree about the relative softness and lingering greasiness of the beeswax, Phil, from my experience with the Milsurp (Garand, '03) stuff. I imagine I'm pretty heavy on the drier given the proportions of Venice turpentine to BL but this stuff is just working great. Next time I'll write down precisely what amts. I'm going to use. There's an old rule of high wire artists and road racers that says "You go where you look." Look down=go down; look at the wall=hit the wall. Mind english! So I'm thinking about halving 200 grains and end up putting in 200 grains. I do think 10 oz. of this stuff is surely plenty. A pint + seems like enuf to supply Purdey for a year. The really peculiar aspect of using this stuff is that after 24 hrs. set aside, buffing rag isn't removing anything that I can see or smell. My previous supply of rags which I keep in a metal can would make waterproof tent cloth given the BL and wax content. Got to try those recipes from the "Shropshire Lad" also when get time. I gotta say this is a lot of fun!

jack