Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Went to my third Dove field yesterday, only to find out others had been there and shot it before us. Takes balls to shoot a field, that is posted, without permission. They did it.

So I called the game warden for that county. Asked him if he had checked anyone hunting on my Hall Road Dove field. Guess what, he had. They told him that day that they did have permission, so he just checked their bag limits, guns and licenses. He was even more pissed than I was. He hates to have people lie to him about stuff like that. Can not blame him for that. In this state you must carry written permission to deer hunt on property you do not own but not to bird hunt.

Bad thing for them is that he knows four of them by name. He paid a visit to two of them today and served them a "happy day citation". He just called and said he had the entire list of ten people who hunted that day. Says that he did check ten people. They all are getting a "happy day citation" from him. Asked me if I wanted to press charges for trespassing as well. Yep I said.

If you can't read a sign you are stupid but if you lie to a game warden, who knows you by name, you are double dumb as heck. I intend to get the entire list of names and make sure that they are never invited to hunt on my property. I do let locals hunt with me sometimes, especially kids but have no interest in them hunting without me or without my permission.

Hope you burn them, Jon. Trespassers ruin hunting for everyone else, and they feel all happy that they got what they wanted for themselves. It is a form of theft. What irks me is we, probably like you, prepare a couple areas all year long. Get everything just right for opening day of deer season. And then someone, or some people, just have to try to sneak through, which ruins the hunting there for the entire week. Last year a guy and a little kid snuck through us, shot a dinky buck on the state forest above us, and then the guy tried to drag it right past all of our stands on our ground. I made him drag the beast all the way back up hill to the state ground and then take it out on a steep hillside almost parallel with our boundary for a long way. His little boy was standing there trying to comprehend what was going on. Meanwhile, my own teenage son is sitting there on stand below us watching deer fleeing off of us. The guy was given a choice to leave the deer, in which case I was calling the Game Commission, keep going through us, in which case I was going to beat the snot out of him and then call the Game Commission, or he could drag it out legal. He was all happy with his kill until confronted. He ruined our hunting for days, ruined my boy's hunt, after he had taken off school to be there. We wait all year long for just a few days to hunt, and these losers, these bums, these selfish guys (always guys, never gals) just have to trespass. God knows why. There are two million acres of public land right around us here, with all kinds of great access and huge bucks. But nope, it is like a Posted sign is a magnet to some people. Thankfully, Pennsylvania got a much stronger trespassing law enacted last year, now in force this year. Anyhow, I share your pain, Jon, and I hope you fry the guys.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life