I very much appreciate "eightbores" point an to it I will make this clarification: My mention of the fact that the red fox is not native to North America was only a point of information and to some extent to make note that it obviously competes with our grey fox. The grey, I also point out, has considerably less market value. My question was how many greys had to be released from the traps in the arduous collection of that many reds. Both type of fox are trapped using the same methods thus many greys are trapped in the attempt to collect reds. It is unavoidable. The question was posed to make note of the additional burden of catching and releasing unwanted greys and to ascertain how many greys are out there. As to ChuckH's comment on the upland bird species that are alien and released for the purpose of hunting, I generally have no problem with this except for a concern that indigenous species may suffer as result of the competion and that games departments may neglect indigenous species, like the bobwhite quail, and defer to interest by sportsmen in chukers and ringneck pheasant. But back to the specific issue of 1285 red fox taken- I am happy the man can still make income from his pursuit and I hope he and his grandchildren (if they wish) are able to do so far into the future. It is my hope that the grey fox finds favor again too! Fox trapping or trapping in general, is one of the few commercial wildlife activities of which I remain in favor-unlike pheasant farm hunting and shooting "managed" deer over food plots from preset blinds. The later is much the same as my pursuit of groundhogs except I have to find the holes, set up my own equipement and fewer are excluded from the pursuit by a price tag . And NO I do not eat every ground hog I shoot. If any further clarification is required I will oblige.

Kurt