To J. Dubois
In case you have deep pockets and you contemplate to empty these at least partially for a fusil-de-vitrine here are some routes to pursue
1. DGJ summer 2006 had my article on "K & K Hoflieferanten" and on page 62 the photo a Joh.Springer's Erben sidelock drilling.
It still belongs to the son of a late hunting buddy of mine as per my check few minutes ago.
It is one of 2 genuine sidelock drillings built by J .Springer.
Page 60 of this article is featuring another Springer "sidelock" drilling of imperial-family origin.
It turned out it is a "simulated" sidelock / actually a disguised Anson with simulated pins/
My guess: This imperial chap did not pay the gunmakers bill and this Fake-SL is the revenge of the
gunmaker for the never paid/outstanding money.
(If you read R.Beaumont book on Purdey's you will find out that ordering a gun without paying has been as well
an English aristo sickness).
2. On same page the photo of a Joh. Springer hare gun which originally built for and paid by the same Hungarian aristo.
It was on the market few years ago
3.Joh. Springer had in their auctions more than one J. Kalezky sidelock drilling ( see my ariticle Kalezky-ana et al)
4.Dry comment of an Austrian gundealer: I do not know any one who hunts with a drilling , if some one buys
it he will just put it to the other guns in his safe
Cheers
F.N.

Last edited by felix; 04/14/21 11:50 AM.