The engraving on the obviously non-original top rib is stylistically different than the engraving on the rest of the gun. It appears to be fairly well done, but it is apparent that it was done by a different hand. From what I have seen, it isn't easy for even a good engraver to duplicate the work of another engraver.

I won't knock it because it's a whole lot better than I could do. But it doesn't take ultra close examination with a jewelers loupe to see that the rib engraving is different and more extensive than the original stuff.

It doesn't matter much here, because with the sleeving, choke tubes, and other work, not many folks are going to be deceived into thinking this is an unrestored original. But it does serve to show that it takes close examination of all the little details to avoid getting burned when purchasing a higher grade collectible shotgun. And some counterfeiters are so good that even experts can be fooled.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.