Originally Posted by Dan S. W.
I wonder what everyone else thinks of the original quality of this gun? The Stanton locks seem much nicer than the stock (no drop points) and engraving (decently executed scroll). The through lump also comes through the bottom of the action. Barrels look like pretty average quality damascus/pattern welded. I would call the gun mid-quality overall, anyone else think otherwise?

Well of course the through lump comes through…if it didn’t, it’d just be a plain ol’ lump😂.

I personally think too much emphasis has be given to the through lump being an indicator of quality. Dropper points on the stock…same thing.

As was pointed out earlier, the Stanton locks, the forend release, quality of engraving, the wood grade, quality of the damascus all points to a gun that cost it’s original owner some serious coin at the time it was bought. Also note the rounded strikers, those are a nice feature and they avoid peening of the tumbler’s/hammers. It’s not a “best” quality gun, but it’s a very high quality gun.