I think it’s noteworthy that Percy managed to win the National Skeet Championships on more than one occasion despite its extra full choking.

Lagopus , Mike Yardley bought a similar spec Webley and Scott both as a homage to Percy and as he shot well with it. I’m sorry that I have no reference for the article but I think it may have been in a comparatively recent Field magazine so probably available online. Edit to add A full review of Mike Yardley’s Webley can be found on Shootinguk online under the title Webley and Scott 700 shotgun review. The gun was sourced at William Evans and was built on a 700 action as a pigeon gun ,heavily choked but double triggered in contrast to Percy Stanbury’s gun.

The flat file cut rib although not a raised rib would still have sat higher than the more common concave game rib of the time.

Interestingly Chris Batha in an article in the British Shooting Times 14th October 1999 wrote that the gun had the following specifications

Drop at comb 1 1/2 inch and 2 1/8 inch but a cast off of 7/16 inch and a weight of 7lb 11oz

Last edited by Konor3inch; 02/14/23 01:38 PM. Reason: Addition