Originally Posted by pipeliner
Going to be hard to find a 2inch gun here in the states. With the lead ban coming you might search gunbroker.uk.I have handled a couple Skimin and Woods nice guns.Also the Arrieta Light Game gun was imported by Jack its a very nice 2inch sidelock.Arrieta2 on the site might know one that can be purchase.I do use a 2 1/2 inch gun for teal and doves over tanks here in Texas.Good luck.Pipeliner

Thanks. I have found about 6 for sale so far. 2 are H&Hs, and I won't pursue them. One has a single trigger. The others are in play.

I've got a 6# 12 that I love, and a few 6.5# guns as well, but I am thinking more like 5.5 lbs, if the fit is there.

I know about the existence of the Arrietas but I'm looking for something more vintage and British for no particular reason than that's what I like. A big part of this is just to have something different to try for a while. I could also look for a 20 or a 16, but the 2" 12 just has bitten me hard enough to ignore those options for now (though there is a pretty nice 20 gauge Wesley with drop locks out there). This is as much about the hunt for the gun as it will be about hunting with the gun.

I'm watching the English auctions at least a little. The prices are right, but the time commitment (ie, waiting for it to deliver) is a bit tough.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]