Stan, you might think a 20 gauge wad could seal a 12 bore but there is zero chance a 28 or /410 wad does. So there must be enough powder burned d within the adapter to get the shot up to speed with slightly more as powder blows by down the barrel. Perhaps the lack of friction between the wad and bore helps.

But I do know that chamber adapters work well. For that matter I have a set of short, mid barrel length, Browning Super tubes which work well enough that I can break mid 90 score with them in my Superposed with full chokes. I also have a set of standard weight Briley tubes which have been cut down to 18” which will break birds just as well as full length tubes.

I do not think choke matters that much in either case as I have used them in both very tight choked guns and open choked guns with about the same results. When I was still a serious Skeet shooter I shot .012 and .014 chokes in my .410 so I know chokes do make a real difference. If I miss a couple birds a round, with chamber adapters or short tubes I do not think chokes or blown patterns are at fault. Sometimes I just miss.

Last edited by KY Jon; 04/21/23 12:06 AM.