Closed out my season this morning.  Didn't gobble on the limb, but I heard him on the ground with hens at 7:15 a.m.   If he gobbled once, he gobbled a hundred times.  The hens left him and he played the game with me for an hour.  I was in a dark bottom and I first saw him silhouetted against the bright green foliage outside the bottom's edge.  The parade of hens and him looked as if they were cut out of black paper against the bright green.  He eventually circled around to my back, but made the mistake announcing his path while still obscured by trees and underbrush.  I sealed the deal with my slate and rivercane striker with a few purrs.  I used the slate, a rivercane yelper, and a diaphragm throughout the hunt which ended at 8:20 p.m.  I left the .410 at home and carried my 4.25 lbs. Yildiz TK-12, Sumtoy choke, and artwork on the stock by Mark Larson.  Burris FFIII.  BTW, Burris red dots are guaranteed for life without regard to who was the original purchaser and without showing of evidence of purchase.  Can't beat that.  Thirty-five yards, 1 3/8 oz. of #9 TSS. Gil

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]