Not long after returning home from the CGCA show in Greeley, Co. I got offered an under lever Rolling Block from a fella, and since I've wanted a Gove style Rolling Block awhile, I grabbed this one! It took a very long time for FedEx to deliver it once it hit my local depot for whatever reason? They got it Monday at 2:49AM, and didn't deliver it until today! No excuses from the driver, and no explanation from FedEx either?
It's built on an original Rolling Block Sporting action, with the long lower tang, and original serial number on the tang. I figured it would be a reworked military, so this was a big surprise. The barrel is a false muzzle .32-40, with no markings anywhere under the forearm to indicate the maker? Unusual 12 lands and groove, with very narrow lands and grooves! Action is a single set trigger that works differently than the typical Rolling Block. It only sets once the hammer is cocked.
Wood and metal work are simply wonderful, and it has an original Rem. hard rubber buttplate. Need to do a chamber casting to see what it looks like and what size bullet I should load it with.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]