I went on the Friday, and spent almost all of the day wandering up and down Gunmakers Row with a friend.

I didn’t find time to look at any of the events in the show rings, parades of hounds, falconry , gun dog displays or the like.

I enjoyed my day at Gunmakers Row, and was made welcome at the stands of Longthorne, Manor and Co., Oxford Gun Company, Holland and Holland, Boss, Francis Lovel, B. Rizzini, Bonhams and others.

It is not as good as it was in the past, and Purdey, Westley Richards, Fausti, Holts amongst other past exhibitors no longer have stands there.

As a member of B.A.S.C., who had a good display, I had a 3 day free ticket but didn’t feel the need to go back on the Saturday.

I splashed out £20 on a raffle ticket to try to win a day’s shooting in Shropshire for a party of 8 guns.

If I win I will probably find have at least 7 more friends than I ever realised.

The ticket sellers treated my friend and I to a Gin and Tonic each, although we only bought the one ticket. At the Game Fair £20 for 2 G&Ts is not bad value even if my ticket does not win.